Okay, I’m back, but…not for long. It may be a few days before I post again, kids. I attribute this to one of five things:
1) The West Coast swing which has me sleepwalking the next day and hearing things like a coworker telling me that Alex Cora was warming up in the bullpen and the fact that Mike Remlinger is somehow still on the roster.
2) The largest of my family’s annual shindigs is tomorrow. And if you know my family, claiming something as “the largest” is quite a bold statement. Anyhow, I’ve been mired in preparations to get the clan up to Maine for the weekend and have spent a goodly amount of time trying to figure out who I could bribe for his car and exactly how much beer needs to be purchased.
3) There is football? Happening? On television?
4) It’s all been a dream and I’ll wake up tomorrow morning realizing that none of the recent suck has happened so I’ve no need to acknowledge it.
5) I’m just that popular and busy and have been pulled in sixteen different directions. It’s a tough job making the world happy, kids. But someone’s got to do it.
That said, next week, I promise to start updating daily again. More thoughts from The Rick to follow as well. In the meantime, read some of those stellar blogs over on the right hand side there. Pay particular attention to Cursed to First as Beth’s writing is so damn good it makes me want to learn how to say “Do you want fries with that?” in four different languages, and Rallycuff as Sarah has just moved to Boston and is finding out for herself that this is truly the greatest city around.
Have a great weekend y’all and I’ll see you back here Monday. Same Bat time, same Bat channel.